Earn It! Keep It! Save It!
Maria, once a victim of tax preparer fraud, learned how to prepare and get the most out of her tax refund.
Empowering People with Financial Knowledge
Too many struggling families in North Texas don’t know how to start taking control of their finances. That’s why financial education is a core strategy for achieving the United 2020 community goal of moving 250,000 more people out of poverty permanently.
Earn It! Keep It! Save It! is a United Way of Metropolitan Dallas program that returns millions of dollars to the local economy by helping low- to moderate-income families take better control of their finances. During the tax season, IRS-certified United Way volunteers offer free tax help to individuals and families who earn less than $50,000 a year. Additionally, Earn It! Keep It! Save It! is helping develop a scalable model for financial education and coaching that can connect low-income individuals and families with helpful benefits and community resources — and teach them the management skills to keep more of the money they earn.
Learn how Maria used Earn It! Keep It! Save It! to get the most out of her tax refund.
- Sign up to get tax help updates
- See Dallas-area free tax help site locations and schedules — plus answers to other frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- View the Earn It! Keep It! Save It! fact sheet
How You Can Help
- Volunteer to help hardworking families
- Promote the program through your networks to reach people who could benefit
- Donate today. Your gift to United Way of Metropolitan Dallas helps support essential education programs like Earn It! Keep It! Save It!
- Advocate on behalf of income-related issues that help break the cycle of debt
- Run a free tax help public service announcement on radio or television
For more information about a free tax preparation site near you, call 214.978.0081 or — if you're outside Dallas, Collin, Rockwall and southern Denton counties — 211. United Way of Tarrant County has information about free tax help in Tarrant County.
To inquire about becoming a sponsorship partner, contact Melody Boatwright at 214.978.1042.